Friday, May 16, 2008

Jericho BBQ: 1951



Photobucket

Margie: Edna, remember that time Daddy threw a BBQ for the whole town?

Edna: I do. I remember the contests, too.

Margie: Which ones were your favorites, Edna? I liked Hogtie the Cowboy myself.

Edna: I just knew you were going to say that, Margie. My favorite was the unofficial "kissing contest" I ran back behind the barn. Good thing Daddy never knew about that.

Margie: Edna, there is nothing like a BBQ flavored kiss from a hogtied cowboy. Daddy would have chained you to your bed if he'd known that, Edna.

Edna: Frankly, I'm amazed you never told him, you always were such a little snitch. Now, you want to tell me why you're bringing all this up now?

Margie: Because Daddy made a movie of our BBQ & Cousin T put it on this YouTuber place. Watch.


From AuroraKismet






12 comments:

terocious said...

Of course all o' this was before my time. I do not even remember Hotguy the cowboy.

-Cousin T

Grandy said...

You two crack me up. :)

Margie and Edna said...

Margie:Cousin T, you really should have stayed in school past 3rd grade.

Grandy, maybe you were cracked before you met us? Thank you for stopping by. You come back soon.

Janna said...

Now I'm craving barbecued cowboy.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Oh Janna, that's always a nice treat. Thank you for commenting. You come visit us again soon.

- said...

Ha! A real slice of life you just don't see anymore.
Dave from WelcomeBackRosenthal

SaveJake said...

I love you ladies!!!

Margie and Edna said...

Thank you d and savejake. We're so proud you came to visit us. Please do come back soon.

Ellen said...

You two are just too fun!!!You make me laugh daily. And that barbeque...well I just want to reach into the screen and eat it.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Ellen, you are too kind. Thank you for coming to visit and for commenting. We should have a big BBQ soon. The Bloggers' BBQ. With cowboys.

Please come back to visit us, dear.

HeyShae! said...

That looks delicious. I wouldn't even want to know how many calories are in it. :-)

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Oh don't worry shae-shae. My sister, Edna, said she removed all the calories.

Thank you for stopping by. Come back again soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin