Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Cinco de Mayo



Photobucket

Margie: Edna, today is a Mexican holiday. What's it called? Sink something or other.I guess it must be about some war with ships.

Edna: Margie, once again you embarrass me with your idiocy. It's called Cinco de Mayo, you ninny. And you call yourself a woman of the world.

Margie: I sure do like Mexican food. Those chimneychangers are my favorites.

Edna: I'm going to stuff a "chimneychanger" in your mouth if you don't hush up and listen to this.


"Cinco de Mayo is a date of great importance for the Mexican and Chicano communities. It marks the victory of the Mexican Army over the French at the Battle of Puebla. Althought the Mexican army was eventually defeated, the "Batalla de Puebla" came to represent a symbol of Mexican unity and patriotism. With this victory, Mexico demonstrated to the world that Mexico and all of Latin America were willing to defend themselves of any foreign intervention. Especially those from imperialist states bent on world conquest."



For fun recipes go here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute post. Happy Cinco DeMayo ladies.

AmyV said...

I loooooooove chimneychangers!

LOL
you ladies are too funny. Thanks for my daily chuckle!

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Thank you both for commenting. Happy Cinco de Mayo to you both.

Miss Amy, please tell my fruit loop sister that they are so too called chimneychangers. Edna is a dimwit.

Stacy said...

What a fun blog this is!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin