Friday, May 30, 2008

Ice Cream Social

Photobucket


Margie: Edna, it sure is hot today. It reminds me of when we were girls and Daddy would bring out the old crank ice cream freezer. Remember? Mama sure knew how to make a fine ice cream mix.

I recall how all my beaus would rush to get to be the first to bring me a bowl. My goodness, I was so spoiled by those fine young men. I was quite the belle of the ice cream social.

Edna: I surely do remember that homemade ice cream, there's just nothing to beat it nowadays. I also remember our young gentlemen friends bringing you bowls of ice cream, but it surely wasn't to court you. It was to keep your mouth occupied so you wouldn't keep flapping your gums--Stanley Richmond's grandpa told me so.

Margie: Edna, you cannot spoil my fond memories with your warped perceptions! Stanley's grandpa was an imbecile as you well know. Don't think I'm too dumb to know why he always fetched your ice cream!

Edna: Margie, don't you ruin this perfectly nice blog post with your sass, I won't have it! Besides, I'm only telling the truth.

Now, to get back to the ice cream, do we still have any of those old recipes Mama used to use?

Margie: We sure do, Edna. Mama made a little folder for us and it has all her recipes in it. I could sure eat some strawberry about now.

Edna: Oh, so could I. How about we invite Cousin T over for an ice cream social?

5 comments:

terocious said...

I love Ice Cream!

'specially Homemade!

I'll get the rock salt.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Why thank you Cousin T, you're such a thoughtful young man! But I hope you're not expecting us to make that rum raisin ice cream again, especially after what happened last time. Why, Margie ate so much of it, she started showing her bloomers to passers-by out on the highway. It took me ages to live that down.

Margie and Edna said...

Kiss my grits, Edna! At least I wear bloomers!

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Just what are you trying to say, Margie? I sincerely hope you're not trying to cast aspersions on my character. I was simply mentioning a true anecdote. And don't try to say it didn't happen either, you know good and well you made the police blotter in the Jericho Daily news the next day: "Crazy drunk local woman causes three-car pile-up on rural Rt. 6 on Sunday, blames fancy underpants and liquored-up ice cream."

Christine said...

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a card. I really appreciate it.

No, it doesn’t have a card, but it’s important to share a hug…http://www.freehugscampaign.org/

Thanks
Christine Bean
http://blogs4others.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin