Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Margie and Edna: VE Day

It's Margie and Edna at the USO.

Photobucket

Edna: Margie, you always did love hogging the limelight. Look at you, you didn't want to share those soldier boys with anyone, let alone your own sister. What a hussy.

Margie: I didn't share either, did I Edna? I love a man in uniform. Well, I just love men. I did my part for the war effort is all I'm going to say.

Edna: I think that's all you'd better say, this is a family blog.

Margie, take a listen to this, it's the live broadcast of when Edward R. Murrow reported from London when they were celebrating the end of the war. What a happy time that was, remember?


To read more about VE Day, please go here.


3 comments:

AmyV said...

you ladies always manage to crack me up. what a lovely picture of you margie. wish edna were more visible though. :-)

Margie and Edna said...

Why hello, Miss Amy! Edna here. I wish I were more visible in that picture as well, but that's just par for the course with my sister and me. As I've said before, she truly is my cross to bear.

And for heaven's sake, don't compliment her! You'll only make her head bigger.

;)

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Thank you Miss Amy. Yes, the gentlemen did say I was lovely. As for Edna-- be glad you can't see her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin