Tuesday, March 23, 2010

National Puppy Day

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, today is National Puppy Day which supports the ban of Puppy Mills. I agree with that too. Folks could help all these animals by rescuing instead of buying. You know how I feel about this subject so you best agree with me.

Edna: No need to badger me, of course I agree with you that puppy mills should be banned. What do you think I am, some kind of heartless shrew?

Margie: That's what you are for sure. Well, you're only heartless to people, not animals.

Let's spread the word about today to all our friends. Edna, can we adopt a puppy and name him Jericho?

Edna: Margie, that's a nice idea about the puppy. But I don't think it's a good idea for two old ladies to adopt an energetic puppy, because I'm not sure we can keep up with him. It would be a shame for him to come live here then not get the exercise he deserves. He'd get plenty of love, though. Let's ask Cousin T if he can take in a puppy; he's got all that pasture land back of his house. Lots of good rabbit-hunting to be found there. And a boy surely does need a dog or three.


Margie: Great idea! I'll go call Cousin T.Maybe he'll bring us some rabbit to fry.

3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Those puppy mills are horrible. I'd love have a little furry guy here with me but unfortunately my landlord bans animals, that good for nothing &^%$#

Grampy said...

I am with you ladies. Adopt a pup is the way to go. Lets get rid of the puppy mills. I have seen pictures of some of them. It is incredibly mean the way they treat the animals.
If you get a pup I will go over and play with it at Cousin T's yard. I can bring Claudia.

Kath Lockett said...

Well done Ladies.
I've always bought - and urged others to as well - pups and doggies from shelters. Such mutts have more love, strength and health in them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin