Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Fever

Photobucket

Edna: Margie, I tell you what, I am more than ready for spring to be here. I'm not sure my old joints can take another cold Kansas winter. Plus, listening to you whine for the last five months about how cold it is has about driven me batty.

Margie: Don't blame me for your battiness. You've always been nutty.

I can't wait for spring. Spring makes my fancy turn to love and romance and sunbathing and...

Edna: Margie, if I've always been nutty then it's no coincidence that I've known you all my life. You don't have to be Einstein to do THAT math.

And oh good Lord, sunbathing?? Folks, let me tell you a little story about Margie and sunbathing. Two summers ago, Deputy Jimmy showed up at the house one afternoon and arrested her for indecent exposure. She was out there on the front lawn wearing nothing but sunglasses and SPF 15 suntan lotion! I swan, it's a wonder I have any nerves left, living with this woman.

Margie: You're just jealous, Edna, because I met that nice gentleman at the jail and he took me out to lunch.

Edna: Which you charged to my credit card! "Jealous" is not the word I'd use; maybe "incensed" would be a better choice.

You know, the more we talk about this, I realize that I'm not looking forward to the warmer weather quite as much as I thought. You just go plumb loco when the temperature shoots up. When spring finally gets here, I'm headed over to Cousin T's to live for a while. At least he won't get arrested for acting like a floozy.

Margie: I love Cousin T.

2 comments:

Auntie E said...

that's why it's Called "Spring Fever",lol. We all go fever crazy

Joanne Olivieri said...

Yes, we are all too hot with that fever. Some more than others :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin