Friday, March 5, 2010

Flashback Friday: This day in history...

On this day in history....

In 1907, the 1st radio broadcast of a musical composition aired.

Photobucket


I
n 1936 Dean Stockwell (actor, Quantum Leap; Blue Velvet) was born.

Photobucket


In 1955 Elvis Presley made his first TV appearance on the "Louisiana Hayride" show.

Photobucket


In 1958 Andy Gibb (singer) was born in Manchester, England.

Photobucket


And in 1984, William Powell (actor, My Man Godfrey) died at age 91 years old.

Photobucket

Edna: And you all thought this was just a regular old Friday!

Information courtesy Any-Day-in-History

6 comments:

Grampy said...

Lets see if this comment works. I love your Flashback Friday. I have Bob Hope on my blog.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Well I remember all of these and I absolutely love Elvis and Andy Gibb. Now have you taught the Margiedales to move like Elvis?

Unknown said...

Dean Stockwell is underappreciated except by folks (basement not required) with good taste. Along with the great entertainment you list, he is also quite good in Battlestar Galactica.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Grampy, I loved your post on Bob Hope! He's a real favorite here in the Basement. :)

Poetic Shutterbug, my sister has two left feet so she's in no position to be teaching dancing to anyone.

wngl, Dean Stockwell is also a favorite here in the Basement. I particularly liked him in Quantum Leap, but am often surprised when I catch him in older movies. I have never watched the new Battlestar Galactica so I will take your word for it.

Auntie E said...

We loved the Quantum leap show. too bad they took it off the air.

Lidian said...

A great Flashback Friday! And thanks for the EC credits, too :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin