Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blog Appreciation Week: Humor


Edna: Folks, anyone who's met me will tell you how much I love to laugh. And Lord knows it has taken a good sense of humor to live with Margie all these years. I do have a handful of humorous blogs that I like to visit every day, and I definitely have some favorites.

Miss Kath over at Blurb from the Burbs never fails to make me smile. I love reading about her life and her take on everyday occurrences. And who wouldn’t love someone whose pet name for their husband is “Love Chunks”?

Margie, what about you? Even as sour as you are, I hear you laughing in front of the computer from time to time.

Margie: Lord a mercy, if you love to laugh then I'm a monkey. You're sour as a lemon. Maybe worse.

I laugh at Daisy the Curly Cat. I love the fashion shows Daisy puts on and she always has a riddle or joke. It will start your day off right.

Edna: Kiss my grits, you harpy. At least you’re right about Daisy. I swan, I think that cat has a fancier wardrobe than the two of us combined! And I just love Harley, too. The two of them together are mighty entertaining.

There are so many witty and talented bloggers on the interwebs, it never ceases to amaze me.

Margie: It never ceases to amaze me that you have no wit. You should check Canucklehead's blog. That's always good for a laugh. I think I'll go there now since you're a drag.

Edna: Fine by me, sourpuss. I’ll just head over to my favorite LOST blog, Dispatches from the Island. Our readers may have noticed it over there to the right in our blogroll, it’s written by Jorge Garcia who plays one of my favorite LOST characters, Hurley. Mr. Garcia not only shares behind-the-scenes tidbits, he often does so with a great deal of wit.

Margie, maybe you should go to that LOST island. No one can find you once you’re there, and I for one would not be sad about that.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I am so afraid that I am going to miss something here! Would it be possible for you to put the link up to subscribe to your blog via email. The code is on the feedburner website. :-)

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: All taken care of, thank you for the suggestion Karen. Our email subscription link is in the right sidebar. :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

Well girls, next to your blog Daisy the Curly Cat is my favorite. Each day I know I can start the day with a laugh by visiting Daisy and Harley. I even ordered one of her calendars.

You two ladies need to get a calendar going with the Margiedales. You can make some extra $$$ on your blog.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Poetic, you know I'd love to make a calendar but Edna is so jealous of me and my Margiedales that I'd never have another minute's peace if I did it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Kath Lockett said...

Aw, thanks Ladies! I've been a lurker on your site too, but now I've added you to my blogroll and I'm a follower.

Oh and as for my hubby - apparently there are a few guys now at the weather bureau who have found my blog, so he's often called 'Love Chunks' there too!

Canucklehead said...

Thanks Margie - I always knew you were the one with good taste. C'mon on over - I've left some lemonade and cookies for you on the nightstand. CHEERS!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin