Friday, March 12, 2010

Flashback Friday

Margie: Edna and I were just children in the 1920's but that doesn't mean we didn't see or hear things. Edna always wanted to eavesdrop on people and she'd make me do it too. Anyway, we overheard Mama and Daddy talking one day and Mama said no daughter of hers would be a flapper. Edna and I had no idea what a flapper was but we sure wanted to know.

Mama told Daddy that no young lady with any decency would be a flapper and neither would they go to a "speakeasy." Mama didn't cotton to women acting like alley cats.

Anyway, Edna and I later saw this little movie and we decided that we'd have loved the flapper fashions. I don't guess we'd have needed to go to a speakeasy because we always spoke easily about most things.

Actually, I suppose Edna did become a flapper because she spends all day flapping her gums.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

RNSANE said...

What lovely fashions...I have eyeshadows to match each one of them!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

David said...

Imagine how things would be now if those fashions came back in style. I would definitely have to learn new forms of hat making haha. I remember watching old old movies on tv growing up and always thought the outfits those actresses wore with lacy sundresses and those extravagant hats were so elegant and most men wore suits I think. Watching that video makes me want to go to a museum now (I know, totally unrelated).... and LOL @ RNSANE at her comment for having eyeshadows to match the outfits. I thought that was funny for some odd reason.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin