Friday, March 19, 2010

Flashback Friday: Margie and the boo-boo

Edna: Folks, it has been nigh-on impossible in the Basement lately! Margie has been caterwauling all week because she has a teensy little boil. My lands, with all the screeching and yowling going on around here, you'd think she'd gotten a mortal injury. She was like that when she was a girl, too; you could hear her screaming all the way into town every time she got a splinter.

Now, in our household, we've always found that the old remedies work the best. So I sat her down the other day and slapped some Prid drawing salve on that boil. That shut her up right quick! She's feeling much better now, although you'd never know it from her disposition. Now maybe she'll get back to doing her share of the chores around here...

Photobucket


*not a paid opinion

5 comments:

Grampy said...

Sounds to me she may be in too much pain to do any chores. Might have to wait for a month or two.LOL

Joanne Olivieri said...

Edna, now are you sure all that screeching and howling was the boil and not Margie and her boys?

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Grampy, I can only hope Margie didn't hear you say that. Please don't give her any ideas!

Poetic Shutterbug, what Margie gets up to with her Margiedales is none of my business. My lands, don't you encourage her, either! She gets away with enough scandalous behavior without our readers egging her on.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: Edna, you tend to your own business and leave my friends alone. If you want friends then go start a blog of your own.

Grampy is correct, I'm in too much pain to do chores.

Poetic, I never kiss and tell.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Don't you sass me, Margie! Don't forget, I know all of your darkest secrets, and I'm not afraid to tell all if you get out of line.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin