Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blog Appreciation Week: Crafts and Artistry

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, remember how Mama loved pretty things like glass or jewelry or whatnots? I wish I'd inherited her creative bones but I can't make a thing. I'm sure glad there are blogs by creative people because I can look for sure.

Here's one I enjoy called Dogmaw Glass. Do you have one you enjoy?

Edna: I do have a couple, but before I talk about them let me just say that I love that Dogmaw Glass blog too. I'm always impressed when people can take the artistic visions in their heads and use their talents to bring them to life.

You know, one of the good things about Entrecard is that we got introduced to so many creative people. I just love visiting Miss Millificent's World to see what new doll she's come up with. Every doll she makes is like something out of a Tim Burton movie, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I will say this, though: as wonderfully quirky and creative as those dolls are, I'm not sure I'd want them sitting on a shelf watching me all the time.

Margie: If those dolls had creepy eyes like yours then I wouldn't want them to watch me either. Wonder if she could make a Margie doll? That'd be a big seller.

Anyway, I love cowboys and ranches so I love Split Rock Ranch with all that beautiful yarn. I wonder if I could get a pair of bloomers made of all those colors?

Edna: Margie, a doll in your likeness is the stuff horror movies are made of.

I love going to the Split Rock Ranch blog too, she has such lovely colors. I bet if you bought some of that beautiful yarn, you could make anything you wanted out of it. You know what I'm going to do for your birthday, Margie? I'll get some of that yarn and crochet you up a ski mask. It would keep your face warm when you go out to get the mail, and I could look at her pretty yarn instead of your crabby face all the time. It's a win-win situation!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I agree, having beautiful handmade items makes me smile and a much happier person!

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love artists who can create such beauty. Now, Edna, that is a wonderful photo of you creating :D

I love the idea of a Margiedale doll. I hope she can make them life size sing you are hogging the living and breathing ones.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Miss Poetic Shutterbug, I'll thank you to put your glasses on. That's not me, that's our great-granny Grandma Callahan and her spinning wheel. For shame, dear.

Miss Karen, thank you for stopping by. Please bring your smile back around here often!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Edna, my apologies, I did not have my bifocals on :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin