Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, I'm getting hungry. I think I'd like a nice sandwich today. Remember the ones Mama used to make?

Maybe our readers will tell us what their favorite sandwich is. My stars, I'm not sure I can pick just one. Can you?

Edna: I truly don't think I can pick just one, either. I love sandwiches because they offer such a variety of different breads, fillings, and toppings you can use to make whatever you want.

I had a friend who used to make little finger sandwiches for her bridge parties. She made the most wonderful tuna salad sandwiches on little baguette slices. Oh, those were to die for!

Margie: That sounds lovely. I always enjoyed Mama inviting her church ladies over because she'd make those cute pineapple sandwiches with mayonnaise. I still eat those in the summer.

I love a bacon and cheese sandwich but no lettuce or tomato on it. Then there's my peanut butter, banana, and mayonnaise sandwich. Which one shall I have today?

Edna: Whatever you choose, eat it far from me please. Watching you eat a sandwich is like watching a cow chew its cud. Turns my stomach every gol-durn time.

Margie: Excuse me, Queen Demon, but at least my teeth don't click when I chew.

Edna: Woman, just go eat your sandwiches and leave me in peace!

Dear Readers: Please ignore Edna. She hasn't had her pills today. Do let us know what your favorite sandwich is though. Maybe we'll try it.

11 comments:

RNSANE said...

Oh, being a Southern girl, we would eat some strange sandwiches...mayo and banana, peanut butter and banana,
pimento cheese and pineapple, bacon, mayo and pineapple ( those are really yummy ), I like BLT, or bacon, arugula and tomato ( I like arugula on almost anything! ). Heck, now I'm famished and I doubt there is anything exciting to eat around here.

Grampys World said...

Good Morning Ladies. Very interesting sandwiches. My favorite snack sandwich (while watching TV) is peanut butter and banana(hold the mayo)
I am a rather dull sandwich eater. I like a good ham and american cheese with lettuce and tomatoes with mayo.Preferably on a potato roll.

Karen said...

I have never heard of eating a pineapple sandwich! My fav is the baked brisket hubby made for us while we watched the Super Bowl. I put 2 bread and butter pickles and some Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce on it. It was so yummy.

Unknown said...

A good sandwich can't be beat. Peanut butter and banana slices on wheat is the Golden Gloves champ, but I usually go for honey-smoked turkey and ham with havarti, lettuce, tomato and onion with mustard and mayo on nine-grain. Having Smart Food (cheese-covered popcorn) on the side doesn't hurt, and a can of 7up washes it all down nicely.

Is it time for lunch yet?

Doctor Faustroll said...

Nothing better than some toasted deli rye, lathered with Hellman's and loaded with a can of bristling sardines in oil and sliced red onion. Great debating food.

AVCr8teur said...

I LOVE egg salad sandwiches. And, this is a recent discovery too. I used to hate egg salad. Go figure!

self defense Rob said...

Turkey and provolone, red pepper relish, lettuce, and tomato on a whole wheat wrap. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is what my new diet allows :(

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love ALL Sandwiches but my favorite is a baked yam with feta cheese. Even a P B & J hits the spot for me.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: You folks have made me hungry. I had a fried bologna, onion,cheese, & mayo sandwich for dinner.
I only like fresh tomatoes & I'll eat tomato sandwiches with mayo all summer.
No sardines but I do love Hellmann's. I love egg salad too & tuna salad.
Rob, that actually sounds good.
Poetic, I wouldn't touch a yam!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

My favorite sandwich is the turkey sandwich made after Thanksgiving, sliced fresh off the bird. YUM!

Petula said...

My favorite is actually chicken cheese steak with cheddar and motzorella cheese, sauteed onions, green peppers, mayo, ketchup on a soft wheat sub roll.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin