Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Friday: Pepsi Refresh Project

Photobucket

Edna: You know, I'm not a big fan of watching sports on the television, especially the Super Bowl. I know that a lot of people watch just for the commercials, but that's always struck me as a supremely silly thing to do. All those companies pay all that money for just a little bit of advertising, what a waste of good money. I guess Pepsi thought it was kind of silly this year, too. Instead of paying millions of dollars for a 30-second Super Bowl ad, they've instead launched the Pepsi Refresh Project.

How it works: Pepsi is accepting 1000 proposals per month from everyday folks like you and me. They're looking to fund projects that will have a positive impact in the community. Starting on March 1st, you can vote on which ideas you think are most deserving, and they'll award grant money to 32 ideas per month. I think this is such a wonderful idea and, like the project name hints at, a really refreshing concept.

6 comments:

RE-Entrepod said...

Hey Gals, this is Great News. I'm going to check it out and start getting my proposals on paper for submission. Pepsi is Smarter for doing this and it's going to pay off, just watch.

btw, we have a special post today on the new entrecard virus problem. you may want to check it out and get your flannel virus flaps up ladies. it looks like we have a click trojan mucking up the place.

Wilmaryad said...

Very generous of soda companies in general, and Pepsi in particular, to give back to the community they strive to poison.

Did you, dear Margie and Edna, know that fecal bacteria has been found in the soda big soda brands seduce you and I to consume?

No wonder our bodies are growing more and more resilient to antiobiotics. We are being fed toxins, my friends. I, for one, stopped consuming anything advertised for on TV.

For your health and the one of your loved ones, please avoid drinking The poisonous toilet water it's made of is already enough of a masquerade!

RNSANE said...

I think they ought to refresh my eye shadow collection annually.

Lucy P. said...

I'm glad they stopped. I never saw a Pepsi ad and thought, "I could use a pepsi right now." I've never liked coke. It makes my teeth feel like they've been bleached and worn.

Unknown said...

This is really interesting. At least all that money is going into some useful stuff. Glad they finally figured it out... lol

Have a good day!:)

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Way to go Pepsi ~ very ingenious!! Hmmm. . . .I may have to switch from Coke to Pepsi??!! P.S. I do LOVE the Super Bowl ~ Go Saints! :))

Blog Widget by LinkWithin