Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Tennis Day

Photobucket


Margie: Edna, today is Tennis Day. Why in the world would somebody make Tennis Day in February? It's still cold enough to freeze my bloomers so I won't be playing any tennis today.

Edna: Well, maybe they mean table tennis, you can play that indoors. You know, tennis was never my favorite sport. All that running back and forth, hitting a little fuzzy ball with a racket--I just can't see the point.

Margie: Lawsy me, Edna, you're a hopeless case. The point was not to hit the ball, dingbat. The point was to wear my cute outfit, get on the court, and pretend to twist my ankle. Such nice young men would offer to help me as I cried.

Edna: My sister the tennis pro, everyone.

5 comments:

BK said...

Didn't know there was even a tennis day. I was never good in tennis although we had classes of it during my high school day.

Joanne Olivieri said...

So that's why all those girls play tennis, hmmmm - Why do the guys play?

Grampy said...

Way to go Edna. Nice way to get some good attention. We feel we need to fix everything. I guess that is what men do. And we play Tennis so we can help the ladies that twist their ankles.

Marg said...

That sounds like a great plan. No reason to stress out hitting a ball around. But I do like to watch tennis.

RNSANE said...

If I played, I'd want to be good enough to rack in the money some of the gals do! My son, Shawn, works the pro tournaments in the San Francisco area and I do know he enjoys the ladies events much more than the men's. I don't think he's keeping his eyes on that little white tennis ball, either!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin