Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A-Googling we will go...

Photobucket

Edna: Like most blogs, we get people coming to visit us from all sorts of different places, and we get a lot of hits from search engines. Some search queries we don't want to share in mixed company, people ought to be ashamed. But what's interesting is that we get a lot of regular visits on some very specific terms.

Margie, did you know that for some reason, people come to our blog pretty frequently after searching for "suspenders"?

Margie: Well, I'm searching for suspenders too, Edna. I'd like to find them on that Jensen Ackles. That's another term people search for and I sure understand that.

Edna, do you know what I'd like to do with Jensen's suspenders?

Edna: Margie, I have a surprise for you. Did you know that suspenders is a British slang term for garter belt? People must be awfully surprised and disappointed when they get to our blog and see our post on Jensen Ackles WEARING suspenders. Although, if we were blogging about Jensen Ackles wearing a garter belt, it would be a whole different blog altogether, wouldn't it?

Margie: Edna, if Jensen wore garter belts then I'd not blog about him at all. I like my men to be manly men.

Speaking of manly men, Edna, we have a lot of folks searching for the term Sears catalog. I suppose that's understandable. I always enjoyed looking at the men's underwear too. The tighter the better.

Edna: Margie, your crassness is showing, dear. The ironic thing is that people also frequently come to us from Google after searching for "qualities of a lady." Quite frankly, if they knew that YOU were the one to write that post, they'd run the other way.

Margie: Listen up floozy. Let's talk about people who search for Gary Sandy. Who wrote about him? Huh, hussy?

Who said they liked his tight britches? You best clean around your own porch first, Edna, before you try to clean mine. Nitwit!

Edna: Clearly I'm not the only person who likes his tight britches, people come look at that post almost every day. You're just jealous because people really love something that I wrote. So kiss my grits, you old crow.

Margie: Edna, I regret that I only have one behind to tell you to kiss!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Jensen Ackles looks absolutely gorgeous in suspenders!!! And no, I don't mean the garter belt type. Although I'm sure he'd look awesome in anything *cough* nothing *cough*

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: I must agree with your thoughts on Jensen. Looking at him reminds me of that old country song about " Nothing Sure Looked Good On You."

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Hussies! Both of you!

carrie said...

i would like some suspenders

Maria said...

Oh my goodness - I haven't laughed this hard in a while. I remmember my mother and her friends looking at the Sears catalog and giggling. Now I know why!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin