Thursday, June 11, 2009

Richmond Farm Produce

Photobucket

Image property of Fifi LePew on flickr.


Margie: Edna, come quick and see what I've found on the back porch. I think the Easter Bunny has paid us a visit. I'm so excited.

Edna: I'll come look, but you'd best not be luring me out here for some nefarious purpose. The last time you had me come look at something you found on the back porch, I almost tossed my cookies because the yard cats had left us a dead mouse.

What's got you all fired up this time, you nitwit?

Margie: See how nasty you are, Edna? I'm not sharing! That sweet Stanley Richmond has left us a stack of corn, some apples, some apple cider, and some squash. I can eat and drink this by myself. I'll tell Stanley how ungrateful you are too.

Edna: Oh my goodness, that was very sweet of Stanley! I know they usually try to sell everything they have at their farm stand, so it was nice of him to leave some goodies for us. You know, there's nothing quite like locally grown produce. We should have some corn for dinner tonight, I'd best go get my good dentures.

I wonder when their fruit trees are going to start producing? I've got a hankering for some peach pie.

Margie: Peach cobbler. Yum. Oh, I want watermelon and strawberries too. Maybe a rhubarb pie.

Edna, your dentures won't be good for long as I know how you eat an ear of corn.

Edna: Margie, even your insults can't get me down, I'm too excited about the fresh produce and cider. I think that cider will taste good later tonight with a splash of special tea in it, what do you think?

Margie: I say cider with special tea requires no dentures. WooHoo!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

There truly is nothing better than home grown (or neighbor grown!) produce, enjoy!
:)

Mrs4444 said...

Dang it! Now you've gone and got my mouth to watering! Yum...peaches....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin