Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Tootsie Pops

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, I was having a piece of hard candy today and it reminded me of Daddy. Remember when we were girls and we'd wait for him to come home from work? He'd give us each a piece of hard candy. I loved peppermint.

Mama always had to scold you because you tried to eat your candy before dinner. I can hear Mama saying, " Edna, candy is to be eaten after your dinner." Glutton.

Edna: Margie, why must you take a nice memory and turn it into a chance to insult me? Not only that, but you're a big fat liar! Mama never said that to me, she said that to you.

I always loved horehound candy, I wish they'd start carrying that again down at the general store.

Margie: Edna, why do I bother trying to be nice to you? You're delusional and you never recall anything bad you did.

Here's some good news, sister. Go get your credit card because I've found a website that sells candy from our young days. I'd like to have some of these candy cigarettes. Mama hated those.

Edna: If you think I'm buying you any candy after you were so mean and hateful you're nuts, sister. And Mama didn't like those candy cigarettes because she thought they were low-class. It just figures you'd like those.

I always liked Tootsie Pops, I wonder if that website has those? You know, I had a boyfriend once who called me "Tootsie Pop."

Margie: Edna, forget it. You just made me want to barf. I don't have an appetite for candy after that Tootsie Pop remark. Gag.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh they have Necco's, I loved those!! That is the sort of website that my hips grow about 5" just looking at.

Meghann said...

LOL, that is just too neato. I found a candy my dad would like!

Vaartaaha said...

nice one

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Oh yummy! I haven't had a tootsie pop in ages - chocolate was always my favorite, followed by grape! Off I go to the store soon ~ can't wait to have to suck on!!!!

Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken said...

This reminded me of my Dad. We would all go to the grocery store together, except Dad. He said he would wait on us in the truck. When we came out of the store he always had a box of peanut brittle for us. What he didn't let us know was that he also had a bag of milk chocolate chunks that he kept for himself eating some while we were in the store. I sure miss him.

janis said...

i love those!

BK said...

You reminded me of the cigarettes chewing gum that I used to chew when I was young. That taste ... I could almost imagine it. But since chewing was banned in Singapore. I have never had a chance to taste it again. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin