Monday, April 7, 2008

Edna's Favorite TV Shows

Oh my stars and garters, how do you like that folks? I turn my back for one minute and my sister tries to take over the blog. Well, two can play at this game, Margie!


I surely do love to watch television. Gracious, I just love my stories! And some days, it feels like I’m living in a television show myself. But you know, it seems like they don’t make these shows like they used to.

I remember that I enjoyed watching that show, Gidget. That girl was just a bundle of energy, and cute as a button, too! But I saw her a while back on that Academy Awards show and she was just a sniveling mess. I guess maybe Moondoggie dumped her or something, but she must have bounced back because I saw her just the other day on the TV selling bone medicine. Good for her!

Photobucket

Oh, and you know I never missed an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show! That man was sure light on his feet back in the old days, and so funny and clever. And let me tell you, Mr. Van Dyke surely is aging well. It’s not often you see a man his age with such a full head of hair. Dick, you can call on me anytime. But if my sister answers the door, you turn around and run. If she catches you she’ll lock you up in the basement lickety-split, so you just run like the wind!

Photobucket Photobucket

One show that used to remind me of home was that Green Acres. My lands, how I used to laugh at those city-slickers trying to live on their farm. Although personally, I think the pig stole the show.

Photobucket

And don’t get me started on The Love Boat! Once I saw that show, it was my life’s dream to go on a cruise. Why, you never knew who you were going to see onboard! I used to beg my second husband to take me on a cruise to Acapulco, but he said that we couldn’t take the time away from the farm. I think what he was really worried about was that I’d fall in love with that Captain Steubing and never come home.

Photobucket

Now it seems like I don’t have as much time for watching television any more.
There are so many chores that take up the day, and some nights I'm even too tired to drink my elderberry cordial out on the front porch with my sister. But one show I stay awake for every week is Supernatural. Lordy, but that show is scary! I will tell you this, though: it takes the edge off of some of the creepiness to be able to watch two such handsome young men do their jobs. Goodness, maybe they could come visit me and do something about the old demon that I live with.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Margie: Edna, you shut your smutty mouth! Those young men would run from you faster than they'd run from a demon. So would Mr. Van Dyke.(Does he have this emailer thing like we do?)

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Margie, if those brothers run anywhere, it will be away from YOU and the basement.

I don't know if Mr. Van Dyke has email, but I know he doesn't want to have anything to do with the likes of you. If he calls here, he's calling for me, so don't tell him I'm not here like you did the last time.

Anna said...

I too enjoyed 'Gidget'. She was so fun.
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers regarding the loss of my mom. It meant so much to see the comment that you left. God bless.

Margie and Edna said...

Anna, I'm glad you were able to take some comfort from it. Please know that we continue to send positive thoughts of support your way for you and your family.

Thank you for coming to visit our blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin