Thursday, June 19, 2008

Margie and Edna: Skyrocketing Prices

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, you cheap skate, you owe me $14 for this stuff you wanted from the supermarket. I have never seen such prices in my life! I can remember when a Coke only cost a nickel. This Jack Daniels cough syrup was $40. What are folks like us supposed to do?

Edna: Maybe you should take some of our grocery money and go get an eye exam, because that is surely not cough syrup you bought. Although, I suppose it would cure what ails you.

But I know what you mean about the cost of groceries and such. My lands, have you seen how much it costs just to buy milk these days? In some cases it's cheaper to buy a gallon of gasoline, and that's not saying much.

Margie: Edna, if you want milk then you need to buy a cow. Heaven knows I surely couldn't buy any ice cream. You may have to cut back on all those Depends you use too.

I'm going to write Mr. Bushy a letter and tell him a thing or two about what I think. Let him buy his own groceries and gas and see how he likes it.

Edna: Margie! I don't wear Depends and you know it! This is just like you, derailing a perfectly good conversation by insulting me.

As for your letter to the president, it's a good idea, but I think you'd better clear out the basement before you do anything. You might get a visit from the Secret Service, and you don't want them finding your den of iniquity down there, do you?

Margie: Edna, you do have a piece of your brain intact. You're exactly right about that Secret Service. I'm going to sneak into the Green's house and use their computer so nothing can be traced back to me.

Sit down,Edna, and let's write up some of our ideas to send him. I'll sign your name on the letter too.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mike Riley said...

I know what you mean about that JD Cough Syrup. Don't know if it stops your coughing or not; don't care/

-MR

PS: Thanks again for taking part in My blog roast. It'll be available sometime early Friday morning, at: http://aftermidnightpage.blogspot.com.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin