Monday, June 2, 2008

Margie and Edna: Cowboys

Margie: Edna, I was just looking at some of my old pictures. Did you know I almost married Roy Rogers once? He met Dale Evans and I just let him go because, by then, I'd met Hopalong Cassidy. Remember him, Edna? I gave him the name Hopalong.

Edna: Margie, usually I’d correct this kind of talk so you don’t mislead our readers, but I’m going to be nice and humor you on this one. I just don’t understand what it is with you and cowboys, I’ve been listening to you gush about them for at least 75 years now.

Margie: Oh honey, a cowboy is so manly. That Lash LaRue was a sweet man too. I love those cowboy clothes and those big guns, and those strong arms. My goodness, where was I? Oh, Edna, did I ever tell you I was asked to play Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke?

Yes, Matt Dillon had a thing for me. I turned them down because I was dating Gene Autry then and he could sing. What fun memories!

Edna: Margie, are you sure those are your memories you're talking about? I think I'd have noticed if all those Hollywood cowboys were courting you. And I'd most definitely remember if anyone ever asked you to be on the TV. You know good and well that the only time you've ever been on a TV show was that episode of "Cops" when you mooned the highway patrolman.

Margie: Edna, a lady's memories are her own. You tend to your own sordid memories. I'm going to look at my pictures!




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin