Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve



Photobucket


Margie: Hello? Hello? Edna, is that you calling? What's that racket? Turn the TV down. Are you deaf?

Edna: Gah, there's something wrong with this silly phone, I can't hear a word she's saying! Margie, hello, can you hear me??

Margie: Edna? Who are you calling? There's going to be police looking for you. You stop stalking me!

Edna: Oh, good Lord. Margie, as usual you're not making much sense so just let me tell you why I'm calling. I'm at the best party and I just wanted to rub your nose in it! I figured you'd be all alone at home tonight and I just wanted you to hear how much fun I'm having. Eat your heart out, sister.

Margie: Nitwit, I'm not alone. Cousin T, pass the appetizers.

Edna? Yes, we're eating. We ordered pizza. I don't think it's my nose that has a problem. Edna, I thought you said you locked your bedroom door.

Edna: I hocked my old decor? What in the world are you talking about, woman? It sounds like you're in the middle of Grand Central Station, the phone company must have our lines crossed or something.

I don't want to stand here all night yelling at you, I've got a party to get back to. My lands, if I'd known before how much fun these retirement community holiday parties are, I'd have crashed one long before now! Glad you're not here to spoil my fun, sister.

Margie: Edna, don't you hang up on me. Oh my heart! Did you say you signed yourself into a retirement home? Boys! Old Edna isn't coming home ever again. Let's party!

8 comments:

Hitesh Rawat said...

seems both of you having fun there....happy new year.....

\,,,/

Unknown said...

HAHA, you guys are the best.

Happy New year both of you and have fun at your parties...

Karen said...

Now, you know you'd miss her eventually! LOL

Lidian said...

Happy New Year to you both!

Unknown said...

I came here to wish you a very happy new year.
I hope some of your dreams come true.
:)

Joanne Olivieri said...

You both sound like you are completely smashed. With Edna in the retirement home you'll have the Margiedales all to yourself - sharing with me of course. Party till ya drop tonight!!!

storybeader said...

♫Happy New Years♫ {:-D

RNSANE said...

You'll both sober up tomorrow and realize you are going to have each other FOREVER! I hope you haven't forgetten the quest for my man!! Now, I would like him to be a good lookin' guy, nice, tall, rich ( and willing to spend the loot on me ), single, and younger ( like, no older than 50, so he can lug my suitcases when we travel ).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin