Thursday, October 23, 2008

Margie and Edna's fast food rant

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, I am sick and tired of these fast food ads and coupons choking up our mailbox. They're just junk which ends up causing us to waste space in the garbage can.

You know that in our day the food was slow cooked at home and only some women were fast. I remember Mama telling us about fast women and how they'd come to a bad end in life.

Edna: Margie, there are so many responses I could make to that comment, but I won't because I'm a classy lady.

You're right about fast food being a big problem today. Even with coupons, eating at those restaurants isn't cheap. It's much more economical to do some good old-fashioned home cooking. But I have to admit, Margie, I'm partial to those McDonald's french fries.

Margie: I'm glad you brought that up, Edna. Some of the girls and I went to McDonald's today and I ended up with a lettuce burger. You know what that is?

It used to be called a Big Mac but the meat on that thing looked like a piece of thin sausage. Tiny. They try to fill you up on the bread and lettuce. I almost pistol whipped that manager!

Edna: These big corporations should be ashamed of themselves, what they charge for just a tiny bit of food. It's just criminal.

But Margie...I thought you got banned from McDonald's after the last incident.

Margie: Edna, can't you ever stick to the subject at hand? Give me that junk. I'm going to address envelopes. From now on I'm mailing this trash right back to them!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Haha you ladies crack me up!!!




that [engaged] girl

Stud Kickass said...

I hear ya Margie. I get my burgers with cheese only. Then I have to get a decent sized piece of beef because there's no lettuce to cover it up!

Varun said...

Come on Margie! Surely you don't plan to send it all back? Imagine the costs,we're in financial recession! Perhaps the ol' fireplace might find some use for them coupons.



you crack me up each time,ladies :D

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

LOL! I couldn't agree more!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin