Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Margie and Edna get in the Halloween spirit

Edna: Margie, Halloween is on Friday, we'd better get cracking if we're going to put together our costumes! Have you thought about what you're going to be?

Margie: Not that it's any of your business, Edna, but I may be a French maid or a Playboy bunny. I'm trying to decide which one the gentlemen would like.

Photobucket

Margie: What will you be, Edna? A witch?

Edna: Kiss my tushie, Margie. You know, something tells me that what the gentlemen won't like is if you dress up as either of those things. On Halloween, you're supposed to dress up like something you're normally not! I know, maybe you should go as a decent, modest, respectable woman.

I actually haven't decided on my costume yet. I was looking through some of Mama's old trunks up in the attic, I thought I might go as a flapper if I can find one of Mama's old dresses that the moths haven't destroyed.

Photobucket

Margie: You're already a flapper, Edna. You flap your gums from sunup to sundown. Why don't you be something you're normally not? Like a nun?

I could sew your lips together and wrap you up like a mummy. I like that idea.

Edna: You come near me with a sewing needle, and it will be the last thing you ever do. You hear me?

Margie: That's an idea! I'm dressing up like you. Wait until the gentlemen whisper some of your secrets in my ear.

Edna: Margie, that would be a trick that surely wouldn't get you any treats. Nobody knows my secrets, and you can take that to the bank, you jealous hussy.

Margie: But, Edna, I don't want to dress up as a bank teller. What are you talking about anyway?

Edna: Oh good grief. I'll be up in the attic, you come get me when you figure it out.

Margie: Get your bloomers out of a wad while you're there.

8 comments:

gLoR!e said...

i honestly laugh while you two discussing what to wear on Halloween,i feel pity to edna if you make a mummy, don't do it margie...hehehe


i think both of you would look good on as a nun? heheh was trying to imagine how would you both look this Halloween.


Happy Halloween! trick or treat me..hehehe

Lidian said...

I very much want to know what you two decide to dress up as on Friday!

maitrilibellule said...

You two don't fool me ONE BIT! I have heard from the rumor mill that you were BOTH Playboy Bunnies in your youth and you still get out the outfits and frolic about under a full moon.

Well, I must say that it casts you both in a whole new light. Tsk, tsk... And you pass yourselves off as sweet little old ladies in a tiny midwestern town. AS IF!

Maitri, utterly shocked... sending Henry the grey parrot for the smelling salts!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, I love this! One of the best posts you've done in awhile!

Hannah said...

Haha, you've got me rolling on the floor!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

My, my ladies no hair pulling please! I'm sure that you both could pull off tawdry Playboy bunny costumes!

Jackie said...

Oh my I love the flapper look. I have to agree with everyone else. This is the best post that I have seen today.

I can't wait to see what you do choose!!:-))

Frances said...

Teehee. You're the funniest! This morning, my husband and I had almost the same discussion.

Me: I've decided to go as Sarah Palin.

Him: That would be cheating.

Me: How's that?

Him: You already look like Sarah Palin! People won't get that you're in costume.

Me: Oh. How about Tina Fey as Sarah Palin?

Him: I don't think you get the concept of costume!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin