Monday, April 5, 2010

All Dressed Up

Photobucket


Margie: Edna, look at these pictures I found of us when we were girls. Lawsy me, did Mama think we were twins? Remember how we hated it when she dressed us alike? That old material always made us itch too.

I remember that day when you told her you didn't want to dress like me. Daddy gave you the Evil Eye and that always shut your mouth. I miss Daddy.

Edna: Daddy may have given me the Evil Eye but Mama understood. She said she dressed us alike because of her cousin back East who imported clothing and would send her the children-sized dress samples for us girls. She told me that it was a sin to waste anything, even clothes we didn't like. And that we should be thankful we had nice clothes, because so many children had to do without.

It figures you wouldn't remember that part, the part where Mama reminded us to be humble.

Margie: Edna, why do you always try to make me feel bad? I was thankful for everything except you. You wouldn't know humble if it slapped you upside your ugly head.

Edna: Get away from me Margie, don't you dare slap me! I'm not so old yet that I can't take you in a fight. I swan, it's just like you to take a reasonable conversation and resort to violence. Looks like you didn't inherit Mama's peaceful side, either.

Margie: I'll slap you with this wet noodle any time I please then I'll pull that tacky wig off your flat head.

I'm going to Bailey's. You make my nerves knot up!

3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

You two were adorable - and still are :D

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Why, thank you dear! Don't tell her I said this, but Margie was a beautiful child. Too bad she grew out of that.

RNSANE said...

Girls, girls, girl...just have a little of the tea, you'll be charming in no time..and send a thermos of it this way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin