Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Cuckoo Day

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, do you remember Mama's old cuckoo clock? I think she kept it over the old trunk she had. That thing would screech and I never knew if it was the clock or you.

Today is Cuckoo Day so I suppose it can be a day for you and the clock.

Edna: Hateful, spiteful woman. How I ever manage to live with you is a daily mystery.

Since Cuckoo Day heralds the arrival of spring, I guess it's a day to celebrate. We've had such extreme weather lately that it's sometimes hard to tell it even is spring, but I guess I'll take the cuckoo's word for it.

Margie: Move then. It's sure not spring yet. I need to call Cousin T to build us a fire for tonight.

Lawsy me, I'll never take a cuckoo's word for anything!

3 comments:

RNSANE said...

I guess that's my problem. I'm surrounded by cuckoo's ( but less so since I no longer work for the city and country of San Francisco ). I never believed anything anyone said there, either! And rightly so!

Joanne Olivieri said...

I am becoming more and more cuckoo as the day goes on. I guess that explains it :)

Russ AKA Grampy said...

Well it is I. You all are aware (I am sure )of how Cuckoo I am. But at least we are having nice spring weather(HA! HA!) Sorry ladies I couldn't resist. We took our first trip to the Zoo yesterday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin