Monday, April 12, 2010

National Library Week

Photobucket


Margie: Edna, I'm giving you fair warning that I won't be home much this week. It's National Library Week and I've been asked to help out down to the library.

I know you'll sit here all week whining and pouting so I bought you a pacifier. You're welcome to come to all the activities and there'll be free food. I've never known you to turn down a free bite.

Edna: My goodness Margie, I know you think you were insulting me but all you've really done is show our readers how mean you are. Although, I'm pretty sure they already knew that.

I'll come along with you to the library, but I bet they won't want you there with that bad attitude. You'll scare the children.

Margie: Edna, you don't make a lick of sense! You act like a baby when I make plans then you sulk and pout until I get home. If I stay home then you complain and whine about how mean I am.

You come to the library, sister, and you best act like a grown woman. You got that? Let's think up games for the children to play.

Edna: How about "Spot the Shriveled Shrew"? Or maybe "Are You Smarter than a 100-year-old"?

Margie: I prefer "Who Super Glued Edna's Tushie To Her Chair?"

Edna: My lands, listening to you yammer on has given me a megrim. Why don't you super glue your mouth and let folks get on with enjoying National Library Week?

3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

You two ladies are hysterical. I have to warn you though with the tushi gluing and all the other shenanigans you are plotting,you'll thrown outta there :D

Kath Lockett said...

I know that my own recently-retired mother helped at her local library recently when they were holding a flower show there, with books that naturally reflected the theme.

She came home with a look of both pride and sadness on her face and said to my father, "They gave me first prize for Best Dried Arrangement."

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Poetic, Margie has gotten the both of us thrown out of more nice establishments with her shenanigans. Go ahead and ask her why they won't let us in at the local Denny's any more.

Oh, Miss Kath, your poor mother! You made our day with that story, not that we meant to laugh quite so hard at the poor dear. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin