Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We Remember Elvis

Photobucket


Margie: Edna, remember back in the 1970's when we went to that Elvis concert? I nearly wet my pants when he walked out on stage. I cried so hard just because my dream had always been to see him in person.

Remember how he kept winking at me?

Edna: Of course I remember that. But Margie, I said it then and I'll say it now: Elvis was not winking at you! Not only were there thousands of other people at that concert, but the poor man was blinking because sweat kept getting in his eyes. My lands, your ability to re-write history is astounding.

What I remember most is how lovely his voice sounded live. Not like today's yodelers who don't sound good live unless their voices have been filtered electronically. Oh, but that man could croon a love song!

Margie: Edna, do you ever take responsibility for your cruel actions? You've left out the fact that Elvis sent one of his Memphis Mafia over to me after the concert. Elvis invited me backstage so he was winking at me.

You're just a toad-faced jealous hussy. I don't suppose you remember what I told you later that night?

Edna: What, that you wished that I hadn't stopped you from throwing your unmentionables up on stage? I remember that, all right.

Margie: That's just part of what you did that night and I will never forgive you. I was about to go with that nice Mafia man to meet Elvis then you started screaming for a security guard.

There I stood holding my drawers and you screaming that I was a pervert who was going to attack Elvis. I'll never forgive you, hussy. You best keep watching your back. My day will come.

2 comments:

C@mshaft said...

very nice layout and great use of pictures on your profile. Drop by and show some love at my profile some time. Take care!

Long live Elvis...and Michael Jackson..music!

http://www.yourpennypinchingsourceonline.com/

Hitesh said...

Elvis.......yea..............he was god......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin