Monday, August 17, 2009

Old Lady Jewelry



Photobucket

Margie: Edna, have you seen all these talented people making and selling jewelry? Why can't we do that and make some extra money? You could go buy the stuff, we'll make some jewelry, then we'll split the money. How about it?

Edna: Margie, if you think I'm going to bankroll the entire project and then give you half the money, you are sorely mistaken. Either that, or you've had too much special tea today.

I do admire folks who make that beautiful jewelry we see on people's blogs. I'm not sure my old hands are nimble enough any more to make anything anyone would want to buy.

Margie: We don't have to make jewelry, Edna. Maybe we could make things that would be easy on your old hands.

How about key chains? We could put our picture on one side and a nekkid man on the other. How about that? I'll go look for nekkid men pictures.
Edna: Good God A'mighty, you and your nekkid men! Do you honestly think that anyone's going to want to buy a key chain with a nekkid man on one side and two old ladies on the other? I'm not sure we want to cater to that kind of clientele.

Margie: You hurt my feelings you old fool. You just make what you want and leave me out of it.

I'm going in my room and look at my photo albums. I hope you're a happy dingbat. Hussy.

Edna: Margie, that is just like you! You have some grandiose idea but it has to be done YOUR way. Then when someone raises some reasonable objections, you pitch a mighty fit. Well fine, go ahead and sulk in your room--at least I'll have some peace and quiet today.

Folks, I tell you what, if you ever see my sister coming your way with her packed suitcases, you just shut off the lights and pretend you're not home.




6 comments:

Theresa said...

Margie and nekkid men go together like peanut butter and jelly. I bet you'd make a fortune with those keychains!

BIZRIL said...

I ever saw theses gift, i think its hand made in Nepal from the burned silver stuff.

Jeff Byer said...

I think the idea is very good :)!! Nice post.
Jeff
Reminicents

Walt said...

I'll take 20, just put a picture of Margie on both sides! ;)

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: My stars! Theresa, you are just so smart and always right.

Thank you all for commenting. Oh Walt, would you like to tour my basement when you pick up your key chains? What a nice man you are.

Femmepower said...

Hahaha funny post,as usual.I'll buy your keychain if you make one,lol!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin