Friday, August 7, 2009

Fun Friday: John Hughes

Beth: Hello everyone, I'm Edna's alter ego. Don't worry, Margie and Edna will be back to their regular hi-jinks very soon! However, the ladies have graciously given me permission to take over the blog post today. You see, although Miss Edna is an elderly lady in her 80s, I myself am a child of the 80s. And we children of the 80s got some sad news on Thursday when we learned that Mr. John Hughes had died suddenly. So today I'm sharing one of my favorite John Hughes movies with you, The Breakfast Club.



John Hughes has my eternal gratitude for introducing me to five misfits who spent a Saturday stuck in detention in the fictional Chicago suburb of Shermer, Illinois. Thank you, Mr. Hughes, and may you rest in peace.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I loved all those 80's movies like the Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, etc. Breakfast Club was one of my favorites - John Hughes will be greatly missed.

fedhz said...

Aw. he's not as famous as Michael Jackson's death. I know, I'm 80s kid as well and I love movies like this.

Dori said...

The Breakfast Club is one of my all-time favorites too. I loved that whole Molly Ringwald trilogy as an 80s teen. John Hughes did amazing work and to this day when I watch those films I'm taken right back to the 80s. RIP John Hughes.

Mike Golch said...

He was a great director/writer and he will be missed.

VetTech said...

Those 80's movies really shaped my young mind...and its makes me feel really old when some blogs say their favorite Hughes movie was "Baby's Day Out" ...they gotta be kidding. "Sixteen Candles" is still one of the funniest movies ever.

Whiney Momma said...

I know when I heard about this I nearly cried. I was so into his movies...to this day if any of them are on I stop and watch them ...I know pretty much all the lines now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin