Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's not a party without some hard-core munchies...

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, you said we need food for our party so I'm telling you that I won't be doing all the cooking. I'm making a few dishes then the rest is up to you.

Don't start with me about making Funnel Cakes either because you just want that for yourself. Talk about a lack of manners! You sure never met a Funnel Cake you didn't like. Glutton!

Edna: Sister, you never cease to amaze me. You want me to help you cook but you pile on the insults? Have you learned nothing in all your years on this earth? You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, you harpy.

Now, as for our party food, I am more than willing to help cook, and I have a few menu ideas! We need to have some fun food, and it's a good thing we know so many food bloggers, so good recipes are easy to find. How about we make Jenn Cooks' recipe for Scrabble party mix? And in honor of our good friend Amy Vernon, we need to make this bacon appetizer from the Pioneer Woman's website. My lands, the mouth waters just thinking about it.

Margie: Edna, you know good and well that Miss Amy and I will be fighting over any bacon appetizers. You'd best go practice those today and let me sample them.

I'm going to make these Chocolate Gooey Butter cookies and some Prune Whip. Cousin T will be sad if I don't make these quesadillas for him so I'll do those too. Lordy mercy, my stomach is a-growling, Edna.

Edna: Mine too, Margie. But one of the good things about being the hostess is sampling the party food, so just be patient. Now, we'll be serving our special tea, but let's not forget to have a non-alcholic option for our teetotalling guests. It's a good thing I found this recipe for Golden Glow Punch, it sure does sound tasty!

We'd best get a list together so we can send Cousin T to the store for supplies. Have we forgotten anything?

Margie: That sounds good, Edna. I think I'll sample that punch and see if it makes me glow.

Edna: Just leave enough for our guests tomorrow, that's all I ask.

4 comments:

Lidian said...

It all looks delicious! And Golden Glow Punch sounds wonderful, I hope I will actually get a golden glow...

I am so glad to see that you have a very lovely-looking Jell-O mold at the back there!

We can all bring something, too - no need to tire yourselves out altogether before Thursday...Let me know. I like to write about awful retro recipes, but I prefer to make the good ones, so no need to worry! :)

Hayley/Shu Fen said...

hey! just dropping by ^^ nice blog you have here! :D the food looks yummy!

Debby said...

Yum-o as Rachel Ray would say. The food looks and sounds delicious.
Debby

Petula said...

I guess I haven't been around in awhile 'cause I haven't seen the new look. I like it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin