Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Singles Awareness Day

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, this is a day for people like you who don't have a sweetie who sends them a Valentine gift. I guess it's a day for smart women like me too because I'd rather be single as picking up after some man who thinks I'm going to be his maid and cook. I guess that's not limited to men since you seem to think the same thing. I know it's bad enough being stuck with you so I'm not about to add a husband to the equation.

Edna:  Good Lord, Margie, the entire Jericho VFW is aware of your status as a single woman.  So is the Jericho county sheriff's department, the volunteer firefighters, and that poor tax preparer at  H&R Block you tried to sweet-talk into helping you get a bigger tax refund.  You do not need a Singles Awareness Day, trust me.

Besides, I have a French-talking sweetie who's going to whisk me off to Tahiti this weekend so I don't need it either. I don't tell you everything, you know.

Margie: Edna, if you're going to Tahiti with a Frenchman then I'm going to New Zealand with this rugby player I just met. Don't hurry back.

1 comment:

erika said...

Ha! Being single rules! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin