Tuesday, February 7, 2012

American Hearth Month

Photobucket 

Margie: Friends, it's February again so I know all our thoughts are on love, Valentine's Day, and chocolate, but it's also American Heart Month. Did you know that cardiovascular disease is still the No. 1 killer of men and women, killing about 800,000 Americans each year? 

Did you also know that up to 80% of cardiovascular disease may actually be PREVENTABLE through healthy lifestyle choices? 

The American Heart Association recommends: 

  •  Healthy eating: Low salt (1500 mg/day), low fat, 3-5 cups vegetables a day (Is chocolate a vegetable)? 
  •  Exercise 30 minutes a day (I go to the bathroom at least that much every day).   
  • Healthy body mass index (Is that a couch potato?) 
  • Control blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose (I try but Edna makes my blood pressure go up quite often). 
  • Go smoke-free (I do except in winter when we have to build a fire). 
  •  Listen to your body! If you feel something is not right, get it checked out. (My body talks to me every day. It says, " Snap, crackle,pop.")

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin