Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Kindergarten Life



Photobucket


Margie: What is the world coming to, sister? Look a here at this story about kindergartners getting these iPad thingys. In my day we learned how to read from a book and we looked up subjects in an encyclopedia. Kindergarten used to be for kids to learn how to read and write and color pictures. This old world is getting too fancy for me.

Edna:  Maybe you're just behind the times, sister.  Today's children have to prepare for the world they're going to live in, not the world they already live in.  I just hope they won't be doing all their work on an iPad, that would be a sad state of affairs.

Margie: You're being a nitwit but that's what you are. I guess you can't help it. It's a sad day when children aren't being taught the basics. I suppose the teachers will all be without jobs soon because they won't be needed. I fear for those poor children who don't have the joy of reading a real book.

Edna:  Margie, if you read that article you'll see that they are being taught the basics but the school is just using technology to do it.  I want them to know the joy of reading a real book too, and I bet they will.  This is just helping them learn.  At least there will still be a real live teacher, it's not like they're being taught by a robot.  Well, not yet anyway.

Margie: Mark my word, Edna, if the government can find a way to save money by swapping robots for teachers then they'll do it soon. Maybe the robots would even like that lunchroom food.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin