Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Have a Merman Christmas!

Edna:  Margie, I think I may have found your Christmas present, but I'm not sure I should buy it for you.  It panders to your lowest tastes, and I'm just not sure I want to do that.

Photobucket 

Margie:  Oh Edna, I want one of each! Well, maybe 2 of those Candy Cane ones. I'll wash dishes for a year and never complain.

Edna:  Margie, I do believe I'd like a signed and notarized statement to that effect.  Merry Christmas to me!

Margie: Not so fast, nitwit! I wasn't born yesterday. I want to see the ornaments first. I'd best go buy some hooks too so Cousin T can hang all my ornaments from my bedroom ceiling.

Edna:  Lord knows it's been MANY yesterdays since you were born.  You've seen the ornaments, you idjit, they're all right there on that website.  I'll only buy them for you if you provide proof that you're going to stick to your promise.  Otherwise, it's lumps of coal in your stocking this year.

Margie: Edna, it makes me sad to think you don't trust your own sister. I'm glad Mama isn't here to see this. I'll get the proof and hand it to Deputy Jimmy when you show up with my ornaments then we'll trade.

No sister has ever made a life more complicated!

Edna:  You take all the joy out of gift-giving, Margie.


Photo courtesy of Blogadilla.com.  To see the Merman Christmas ornaments in all their glory, head over to Diamonds of the Sea.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin