Monday, September 21, 2009

Answers- Part 1

Photobucket

Margie: Edna and I thank all of you who recently participated in asking us questions. We will be posting our answers today and tomorrow.

We had a lot of fun answering all of these. We tried to be as honest as we could.


1. From Karen:

Do either of you have a favorite dessert? If so, may we have the recipe?

Margie: My favorite dessert is one my grandmother made. She had learned the recipe from her mother and taught it to me. It's called a Butter Roll and I don't go by a recipe because I just make it like my grandma did. Some people use milk but I much prefer making it with water.

Here are a few recipes for you to check then you can pick the one that suits you best.


Edna: My favorite dessert is one I make every Thanksgiving, it's a delicious sweet potato pie. Some people say it tastes just like a pumpkin pie, but I think mine is far tastier. This is a good recipe, and I usually like to doctor it up with a little bit of ground cloves and a pinch of ginger. For a richer pie, you can substitute light cream for the evaporated milk.


2. From Patricia:

I would so like to know more about the two of you. Have either of you been married? If not, I'm assuming you both have broken at least a few hearts in your day. Are there any stories you could tell?

Edna: Oh honey, I've got plenty of stories, but none that I should tell. I will tell you that I have been married two times, and have broken many more hearts than that. Does that answer your question, dear?

Margie: I've got plenty of stories I could tell about Edna too! Can you say stalker? As for me, I've only been married once. I prefer to play the field.


3. From
Poetic Shutterbug:

It seems like you've both had very interesting lives. Do you ever get bored? And, if so, what do you do to shake things up?

Margie: I never get bored because I always have books on hand and I do love to read. When I take a break from reading I like to push Edna's buttons and watch her go ballistic. She's a riot!

4. From Stephanie B:

Why is it so easy for people to bring themselves to hate others? Has there ever been a time when hatred has solved a societal ill?

Edna: Dear, I think it's because there are so many people who hate themselves, so they just push that hate out on to others. It's a crying shame, but there it is. And I do not believe that hatred has ever solved any societal ill, it just makes them worse. Sadly, love seems to be a harder lesson to teach folks than hate.


4 comments:

ecreditloans said...

Hi, just blog hoppping. Find your blog great.

Keep it up! Cheers!!!

Karen said...

Thanks for the great recipes! I just had my first taste of Sweet Potato Pie at Porky's BBQ, Louisville, KY this past Saturday. Yummy!

Jackie said...

Wow sorry I missed this one. You ladies gave some fantastic answers.

The last question about society and hatred has one of the best answers and explanations I have ever read!!

Awesome job I hope you both have a fabulous week!

Cheers!
Jackie

Man Over Board said...

Love this blog it's fun and lighthearted. Actually you two crack me up often now that I found you.

Keep up the good work :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin