Friday, October 28, 2011

Fantasy Friday

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, look at this car. Mrs. Pastor always gives me this Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog so I can browse. You can buy me this car for my Christmas present. I'm going to drive to Hollywood and get in the movies.

Oh, before you tell me your usual lie about having no money? I called your bank's President. We dated in high school and he's never gotten over me. He said there's more than enough in your savings to buy this for me. Will that be cash or credit, sister?


Edna:  Margie, I was waiting for something like this to happen, you've no head for practicalities.  That money in the bank is earmarked for our funerals, not some razzle-dazzle sports car.  You can just go to your "boyfriend" if you need that kind of money, you're not getting it from me! 


Margie: Edna, you're such a dingbat! You can pay for my funeral by selling the car. How's that for practical?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin