Friday, June 25, 2010

Fun Friday: watermelon

Edna: I love this time of year, when the summer fruits are getting ripe and sweet and it's easy to find wonderful produce everywhere you look. You know, I've got watermelon on my mind this week.

Photobucket

Edna: If you find yourself a high-quality melon, you don't have to gussy it up to enjoy it in all of its glory. My favorite method is to simply cut it up in slices and dig your face right in (seed-spitting is optional). But if you're dead-set on making something fancy, or you've got company over, then you might want to give these recipes a try.

Chilled Watermelon Soup Sounds yummy! But made with wine, so probably not a good choice for the kiddies.

Watermelon Granita Cool, and refreshing for all ages!

Watermelon, Feta, and Red Onion salad For you adventurous types.

Folks, what's your favorite way to eat watermelon?

3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I like it just as it is. Though if I am with the Margiedales or feeling decadently sinful, I'll spice it up with vanilla ice cream :)

RNSANE said...

When I was in nursing school, for our parties, we'd inject with vodka, put it on ice, then eat it after the boiled crawfish and raw oysters....yummy.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna: Miss Carmen, I've seen that done on cooking shows before. I imagine that would be mighty refreshing at the end of a hot day. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin