Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We're making our list...

Edna:  Margie, you know what?  I say we dispense with the thoughtful gift-giving this year and just buy silly presents for everyone on our list.  No one will complain, because we're so old that no one will want to be disrespectful.  Plus, they'll think we're losing our marbles, which no one will say anything about either.  What do you think?


Margie: Edna, you finally had an idea of your own! You're right that we can get by with a lot because we're old. I do think, though, that people know your marbles were lost years ago.  What shall we get our friend Joanne?


Edna:  Well, I think she'd really like one of those mer-man ornaments we blogged about last month. She's always going on and on about the Margiedales, maybe she'd like a hunky mer-man for her Christmas tree.  


Photobucket

Margie: That's a wonderful idea! Wait a minute. What if she sits in front of the tree staring at him and forgets to send us our presents?


Edna:  I think that's a chance I'm willing to take.  
I saw a commercial the other day for one of those Obama Chia pet heads.  We just have to give that to someone, don't you think?


Photobucket

Margie: That's a perfect gift for Jack Sack. She's always posting about politics and she does love baseball. If she doesn't like Obama head then she can take a baseball bat to him.


Edna:  Margie, that's perfect!  Now, who else do we have on our list?  We should probably get something for Mrs. Pastor, shouldn't we?


Margie: I think we should get a book for Mrs. Pastor. She does love to read and Pastor is kind of boring. How's this?


Edna:  Fine, but maybe that gift could be from you alone.  Let's give her a nice plate of home-made cookies, too.  We don't want to get on Mrs. Pastor's bad side, and she's the one person in town who'd raise a fuss about what two old ladies got her for Christmas.


Margie: Sister, if you're planning to give her cookies you made then we really will be on her bad side. Maybe we should just buy her a nice box of hot cocoa.


Edna:  Fine by me.  I'll even buy it for her so you can put your change purse away.  Merry Christmas!


Margie: Glory be! Have you been in that Christmas punch already?


Edna:  Kiss my grits, Margie.

3 comments:

erika said...

What thoughtful gifts, ladies! I will cherish the chia!!

Love & Kisses, JackSack
(aka kricka)

Joanne Olivieri said...

My own mer man. WooHoo!!! He is strangely alluring and gives me another idea - the Merdales :D You ladies are too kind and I am NOT sharing my mer man :D

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

"You go girls! That was a great gift
idea. Silly Gifts are super duper.
Hugs and kisses to you both. Merry
Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Silly Willy & Fluffy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin