Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Recipes

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, it's getting cooler every day and that means Fall is almost here. My appetite picks up in cool weather and I've been studying on what I want to eat. I have a hankering for a Yankee Pot Roast but do you think I can find all the ingredients here in Jericho? We're not exactly Yankees.

Edna:  That's just a name, idjit.  I don't see any reason why you can't make the gol-durned thing and just call it "Jericho Pot Roast".  
This time of year, I'm craving squash.  I'm thinking of trying something like this squash soup recipe from Alton Brown. 
He may be crabby, but he does know his food.

Margie: He's no crabbier than you, sister. You just want that soup because you know squash doesn't agree with me.

Here's what I'm going to make & I do mean all of them.


Edna:  Whooee, you're going to need a lot of apples!  Before you make your grocery list, remember that I'm not going to pay for 34 pie's worth of apples.  Maybe one or two, though, especially if your lazy tushie is going to do the baking.

Margie: Edna, nobody asked you to buy a dang thing! Don't you worry about how I'm going to get all those apples. You don't pay, you don't eat.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin