Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Emmy wrap-up

Photobucket

Edna: Margie, that sure was a dull awards show Sunday night. That's 3 hours of my life I'd like back, why did we watch the whole thing?

Margie: It surely was dull. If you hadn't misplaced the remote and if we both hadn't been so full of cake we couldn't move, then we could have changed the channel.

Edna: Margie, you were sitting on the remote, I didn't lose it. I should have hauled myself off the couch and changed the channel to something more interesting. We're old women and we can't afford to waste the time we have left on such idiocy.

And we barely got any of our predictions right, which just burns my biscuits! What's wrong with these Emmy voters?

Margie: I'll tell you what's wrong, Edna. The voters couldn't pour urine out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel. They just vote for who they like. They surely didn't vote for the best shows or the best people.

Edna: Now Margie, that seems a little harsh. But maybe you're just sulking because you didn't get any of your guesses right? Cousin T and I each got 2 of ours right, I guess we're just more observant than you are.

Margie: Edna, I guess you can just hush. The only reason I'm sulking is because Supernatural is the very best drama on TV and my Jensen is certainly the best actor.

Besides, why would I trust you? You always cheat at Jeopardy too.

Edna: I'm sure that I don't know what you're suggesting. If anyone wants to look at the correct predictions we made, they can just look at our posts from last week. And a full list of the Emmy winners can be found here. So you can just kiss my tushie, Margie.

4 comments:

terocious said...

How would that Urine get into the boot to begin with? And what would the instructions say?

"Slowly turn mouth of boot until urine pours out. Now, dummy, don't ever pee in your boot again."

I might be too lateral.

- Cousin T

Tink said...

The International docu Emmy is won by my fellow countryman Peter R. de Vries for his episode about Natalee Holloway's (supposed) killer. We didn't see the show over here though.

Margie and Edna said...

Edna here.

Cousin T, dear, I believe Margie was speaking in hyperbole. Don't quote me on that though, I have no idea what really goes on in that woman's head. I do think those instructions you wrote are pretty apt. ;)

tink, congratulations to Peter R. de Vries for his win!

Debby said...

Remind me not to borrow Margie's boots.
Debby

Blog Widget by LinkWithin