Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Exercise Program

Photobucket

Edna: Margie, I heard the oddest thing when I was at the beauty parlor yesterday, but...I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Margie: Lawsy me, Edna, there's no telling what you heard in that place of old gossips. What did you hear?

Edna: You remember Junie Jenkins? Well, that Midge who does my hair down at the salon, she told me that her husband told her that he and his brother-in-law were called to install a big metal pole in Junie's rec room. The thing looked just like a fireman's pole, to hear Midge tell it. Now, what on earth would Junie want a fireman's pole for in her rec room? For the life of me, I just can't figure it out.

Margie: Well, maybe it's a toy for her kids or maybe Junie is practicing to be a firewoman. I can't think of what else it could be used for.

Edna: Come to think of it...maybe it has something to do with that exercise program we saw on the news the other night. You know, the one about the gals dancing around poles to lose weight? But surely no one would go to all the trouble of actually putting one of those poles in their house just to exercise, would they? What ever happened to just taking a walk?

Margie: I don't know much about new-fangled things, Edna, but I'd rather dance with a gentleman myself. Who wants to exercise with a pole? How can that make you lose weight ?

That reminds me of some Navy boys I knew. They sure loved to dance with me and I suppose we got a little exercise in if you catch my drift. Ahem! Did you want to try one of those poles, sister?

Edna: No way, not at our age! It sounds like a good way to break a hip. Not to mention it seems very unladylike, what with your arms and legs and whatnot all flailing around. I'll stick to my morning constitutional and leave the poles to the young folks, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Meghann said...

LOL. Those poles are every man's dream, lol.

erika said...

TeeHeeHee!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

It is good exercise...really.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin