Friday, January 30, 2009

Fun Friday: Ricardo Montalban

Edna: Margie, our topic for today's Fun Friday post isn't very fun. I'm sure our readers know by now about the recent death of veteran actor, Ricardo Montalban. I was so sad to hear of his passing.

Margie: I agree, Edna, but I certainly do have fond memories of dancing with Ricardo. He was such a charming man.

Edna: Margie, you never met that man in your entire life! You know that his estate can sue you for lying, don't you?

But you are right, he was certainly light on his feet in his movies. Oh, and that voice! I swooned more than once while that man was talking, let me tell you.

Margie: Edna, don't believe me. I don't care. Go look at this video of Ricardo and me dancing. You know that's me but I used my screen name.

Edna: That is not you, you ninny! Lordy folks, don't pay her any attention, I truly think her mind is starting to go. But do enjoy this clip we found, and head on over here if you want to learn more about Ricardo Montalban and his work as an actor and activist for other Latino actors.

We'll miss you, Ricardo.



Clip courtesy of Two Weeks with Love from MGM, 1950

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Margie - my eye sight's not so good. Was that you in the movie? Wow. LOL Reminds me of the day Burt Lancaster opened a door for me and I didn't even realize is until I was halfway down the block. Life is sure fun.

Margie and Edna said...

Margie: That sure was me! Get some spectacles and watch it again.

Burt? My stars! I hope you had some glasses on then and saw him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin