Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Margie and Edna make up

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, I want to come home. I'm scared in this basement. Cousin T went home because he said you'd get that old strop after him if he didn't.

Edna: Oh good Lord, I should have known that's where you'd be hiding. You big sissy, come on upstairs. As for Cousin T, well...he's right to be scared, although I do appreciate the mighty fine workmanship in my new bedroom. Even if I didn't ask for a renovation.

Margie: Edna, I've learned my lesson. No more locking men in this old basement. Well, not unless I'm with them anyway.

Edna: I'd say you've only learned half your lesson, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Why don't you come on up and we can set a spell out on the porch and have an elderberry cordial.

Margie: Edna, that's a lovely idea. You won't poison mine, will you?

Edna: Oh, for heaven's sake, you're so paranoid! There's no poison, I promise--I may not always like you but you are my sister. Let's wipe the slate clean and start all over now that I'm back. What do you say?

Margie: Edna, does that mean you'll call Deputy Jimmy & take back what you said? I guess we can start over if you'll quit scaring Cousin T. He means well.

Edna: I know the poor boy means well, it's not his fault that once he gets into the special tea he loses all sense of reason. I'll bake him a cake to apologize for scaring him.

As for Deputy Jimmy, I'll have a talk with him too and see what I can do. But you are officially on warning. No more rifling through my belongings like they were yours anymore, you hear me? I'll not stand for it.

Margie: Edna, you're acting a bit strange. What really happened in Florida with those Biddys? You know I can take care of them if they did something to you.

Okay, Edna, I won't bother your things anymore. You know that special tea just makes me confused.

Edna: I’m going to overlook the fact that you’re saying it’s strange that I’m acting nice. Nothing happened with the Biddys, besides them getting on my nerves, and I thank you for offering to “take care of them” for me.

As for the special tea, well…everything in moderation, just like Mama used to say.

Margie: Edna, we need to be clear. You just don't seem yourself. I think those Biddy's unnerved you more than you're willing to admit. I'd like to shoot those Biddy teeth right out of Itty's head.

Oh honey, I moderate my special tea by the gallon.

Edna: Margie, let's just put it this way: some things happened in Florida that no one would believe, least of all you. I don't know how much more I can say without it affecting the outcome of the criminal trial. Dangit Margie, now I've said too much, are you happy??

Margie: Edna, I shall say no more. When you're ready to talk about it I'll be glad to listen. There are things in life that are best kept to oneself. Wouldn't you agree?

Edna: I surely do agree, and I’m glad you see it that way. Now, let’s go have that elderberry cordial and you can help me decide what kind of cake to bake for Cousin T.

3 comments:

The Success said...

Hi
Thanks to drop EC in my site
for regular
Success for you

The Success

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

Ladies, we knew you could do it! Love conquers all things!
Silly Willy and Fluffy

Janna said...

Elderberry cordials sound really good.
And I'm so thirsty right now that I'd probably even drink a poison one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin