Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A kinder, gentler Margie?

Photobucket

Margie: Edna, dear, come eat your breakfast while it's hot. I made your favorites. There's a Margie McMuffin, hot tea, and fresh strawberries. You'll be ready to face the day after you fill your belly.

Edna: What are you up to, sister? The last time you did something nice for me, come to find out you'd stolen my credit card and booked yourself on a trip to Tahiti. So go ahead, spill your bad news.

Margie: Edna, I'm insulted. Can't I do something nice for my sister without you thinking I have an ulterior motive? My stars, you always ask why I can't be nice to you yet you never believe it when I am.

While we're talking I did want to say that I was wondering how much life insurance you have.

Edna: There, you see? That right there, I knew you were buttering me up for something. Never you mind about my life insurance, you keep your questions to yourself. And don't you go getting any funny ideas, you aren't the beneficiary anyway. 

Margie: That does it! See if I'm ever nice to you again, you old toad!

Edna: Your brand of "nice" I can do without, sister.

1 comment:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I would certainly be worried about what's in that tea if she's asking about life insurance :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin