Monday, April 30, 2012

The Love Letters

Margie: Sister, have you read this article about the lost love letters? It made me a bit weepy. I do love a sweet story about love that can last a lifetime. Do we know what's in our attic? What if somebody left love letters up there from years ago? Maybe Grandma left some.

Photobucket

Edna: Sister, who knew there was such a romantic heart beating under your old, cynical, desiccated exterior?

I did read that story, and I loved it to pieces. I'm a big fan of stories with happy endings. You're welcome to go poke around up in the attic if you'd like. I'll stay right here with my cordial, but you be sure and tell me what you find.

Margie: There's one thing for sure, sister, and that's the fact that I sure won't find any love letters addressed to you because you never got any.

Edna: Oh honey, you think you know everything about me? What you know would fill a thimble. The reason you won't find any of my love letters in the attic is that I am not idiot enough to leave my private things where you can snoop. You, on the other hand, parade your business in front of everyone. It's a good thing we don't live in New York City, you'd be renting out the Jumbo-Tron in Times Square to make an announcement every time someone complimented you on your new hat.

Margie: Edna, how much does it cost to rent that Jumbo-Tron?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin