Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baking Christmas Cookies

Photobucket

Edna: Margie, get on in here and help me prep the kitchen. We're baking Christmas cookies today, and you know we promised Mrs. Pastor that she'd be getting some of our famous shortbread this year. Don't you forget to wash your hands!

Margie: Edna, must you scream in that shrill voice of yours? You prep the kitchen yourself. I'm tired of doing all the work around here. I sat in Santa's lap at the mall today and asked him to bring you a maid.

Wash your own hands. I haven't washed mine since Frank Sinatra kissed them back in 1942!

Edna: Oh, Lord, give me strength. I know you try and provoke me so you can get out of helping me, but it's not going to work, missy.

Besides, if you don't get in here and help me then you don't get to taste any of the cookies. It's your choice, sister.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin