Friday, January 7, 2011

Magazines We Loved

Photobucket


Margie: Edna and I sure did love the magazines of the 1940's. I remember Daddy bringing home that Look magazine and he and Mama would sit on the couch and got through it together.

My favorite was Modern Screen because I wanted to be a movie star or marry one. My stars, I had to hide my magazine because Edna would try to get them to see if they had any Cary Grant pictures. She loved to cut his pictures out and tape them to the inside of her closet.

Edna's favorite magazine was Vogue. Edna always did fancy herself as a socialite. Nitwit. Anyway, she'd study those pictures for hours then she'd go buy material and sew her a fancy dress. Madonna never met that material girl.

1 comment:

RNSANE said...

I was only into travel magazines, dreaming of places I would visit someday and, fortunately, I got to most of them!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin