Monday, January 10, 2011

The Funnies

Photobucket


Margie: Edna and I always did love our funnies. Daddy would get the paper first because he kept up with Dick Tracy. Daddy always said that Dick Tracy's 2 Way Wrist Watch was pure science fiction so I wonder what he'd say now if he could see a cell phone.

I liked that Flash Gordon myself. He was a manly man and I always believed he'd make a fine husband.

Mama liked Gasoline Alley. She would laugh so loud and Mama never felt that was proper in a lady. Guess she thought it was okay in her own home.

Edna loved the Katzenjammer Kids. She had a love of strange names and she loved Hans and Fritz because they rebelled against authority and she wished she could too.

What was your favorite funnie?

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Peanuts. I used to find the books too (paperbacks) in second hand shops and read and re-read them over and over.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin