Friday, June 15, 2012

Fruity Friday, carving edition

Edna:  Margie has always said she wished she were more artistic and creative.  The poor dear, she can't draw her way out of a paper bag.  So, to cheer her up I thought I'd surprise her by enrolling her in a fruit carving class.  Her hands are fairly steady for a nonagenarian.  I did think long and hard about the wisdom of putting a knife in those hands, but as long as we keep fruit in the house I think I'm safe.

I've been looking at fruit carvings on the interwebs, there are a lot of talented people out there!

For instance, this one reminds me of how I look when I see Margie first thing in the morning:

Photobucket



And this one looks a little like the hat Margie wore to church last Sunday.

Photobucket



And this is what I'm going to have Margie carve for our ladies book club meeting next week. Won't she be thrilled when I tell her all the ladies are expecting it?


Photobucket


I'm sure she'll get the hang of it in time.  

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin