Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Insecure



Photobucket


Margie: Edna, I've been reading this blog again about the food stamp challenge. Those poor fellas have been at it for a week now. I was just reading the review they've written and I think they need a home-cooked meal. I also think they have some some really good ideas and I even found one that I want to try.

If you start skipping breakfast, sister, that's 7 biscuits and 7 eggs we'd save every week. You can drink water out of the faucet and that will eliminate the need to buy your tea bags. How does that sound?

Edna:  Pfft, I'll do that as soon as you slash your monthly whiskey allotment by 95%.  

I do think it's wonderful what those young men are doing.  Everyone should be aware of how much money they spend on food, and how much money they could save with some careful planning and budgeting.  I think it also highlights just how mindful people who use food stamps have to be to stretch their food budget to feed everyone in their family.  We could all learn a thing or two from a challenge like this.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin